Schedule a Session!

We offer 60 minutes lifestyle family portraiture session for a flat rate of $200 an hour.

That includes:

any location in the Austin area of your choosing.

professional digital retouch artist that will make you shine in your photos.

the choice between individual images or the whole disk of images

50 total high resolution images in color and black and white on a disk for $250.

{ask about our special for repeat customers in the same calendar year. We support local small businesses & artists}

We keep our pricing and packages basic, so it's simple for you

https://www.facebook.com/GreenWheelsStudios?ref=hl

Call or email: 512.552.1112 or heartroots@gmail.com


Find Your Photos!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Essay: Baby Chicks Onboard (by Katie Jo Dixon)

My Ride Week #5 Winner: Baby Chicks Onboard by Katie Jo Dixon

I submitted this short essay below to March- May My Ride Writing Contest.

I am an Austin mom on two wheels. It is an autobiographical story about an experience riding a bike in Austin where previously I might have done so by car.

Each week, Austin on Two Wheels will select a winning entry with a $50 cash prize (and bonus for established bloggers who re-post a teaser of their story on their blog.) In June, we’ll select a grand prize winner who will receive a contract to write 5 more stories for our site. Submit your story and read all of my essay here.




Baby Chicks Onboard

by Katie Jo Dixon

I’m one of those happy and proud Austinites that rides my bike(s) just about everywhere. If I was to put a label on my bicycle riding self, I’d steal the term “The Self Righteous Cyclist” from BikeSnob NYC’s self titled book. I lay somewhere between “believing that cycling helps make me a better person” and “that bicycling can actually save the world.”

So, when I saw the call for entries for My Ride Writing Contest, I didn’t think I could compete. I’m lucky to live in east central Austin and I have easy access with my bicycle to the grocery store, bike-pool the kids to school, to work, even to Mexico via bicycle (insert shout-out to Bike Across Borders here)…I’d gotten almost all my bases covered via bicycle....read the complete essay here at the Austin on Two Wheels Blog Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment